We programmers all get it. Staring at the computer screen hoping for the energetic icon at the bottom of the screen to start writing your application for you. What do you do to break out of the funk?
1. Get out of the [home] office. Take a break. Spend some time outside. You may find some new energy from the warm sun, if it’s out.
2. Drink some coffee, tea, water, Mountain Dew, motor oil…whatever gets you to wake up!!
3. If you have a laptop, go work somewhere else besides your normal place (outside, the coffee shop, library). Switch things up a little.
4. Go work out. If you haven’t been exercising regularly already, it really does help boost your energy. And you feel great afterwards too.
5. If you think none of these methods will help and you are just plain exhausted, try to get a good night’s sleep. Tomorrow will be a new day. 🙂